Resilience First is proud to be a partner initiative for the UNFCCC’s Race to Resilience global campaign, the sibling campaign of Race to Zero.
Launched at the Climate Adaptation Summit on 25 January 2021 by The Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, COP26 President, after an opening statement from Ban Ki-moon, the 8th UN Secretary General, the campaign sets out to catalyse a step change in global ambition for climate resilience, putting people and nature first in pursuit of a resilient world where we don’t just survive climate shocks and stresses but thrive in spite of them.
Through a partnership of initiatives, the campaign will focus on helping frontline communities to build resilience and adapt to the impacts of climate change, such as extreme heat, drought, flooding and sea-level rise.
Resilience First is offering our members the unique opportunity to become recognised leading players in contributing to a better, safer world, in partnership with the UNFCCC’s Race to Resilience Campaign.
Partnership with the campaign, which aims to build global resilient communities, includes pledging to certain commitments which would minimise businesses’ risk whilst evolving their climate resilience plans.
How your business benefits
Resilience First’s Race to Resilience campaign provides you with an internationally recognised platform through which to advance your business’ climate resilience agenda, comply with regulatory requirements, and deliver on your ESG commitments. Benefits include:
- Leading in innovation and driving growth
- Augmenting your ESG strategies
- Attracting sustainable investments
- Appealing to the next generation of talent
- Remaining alert to the ethical choices of your customers
- Being ahead of any pending climate reporting and regulation
- Participating in a global programme to drive change
To join the campaign, members are kindly asked to pledge to at least 4 of the 6 commitments below:
- Use a Resilience Self-Assessment Tool to measure your resilience and track resilience improvements.
- Appoint a ‘climate advocate’ and/or ‘resilience advocate’ who will champion resilience and sustainability within your business.
- Mentor an SME headquartered in the Global South to join the network.
- Co-create innovative climate-resilient solutions.
- Proactively share resilience best-practice within the Resilience First network through contributions to our Knowledge Hub (library of resources) and Thought Leadership articles via our monthly newsletter. As well as attend at least three webinars/events annually and speak at our events/webinars when invited.
- Commit to the programme to drive action by 2030.
In addition to the pledges, members in the network will be asked on an annual basis to share their climate resilience/ESG plans.
Join us today
Commit to climate action and make your business more resilient. Get involved in our Race to Resilience today.
Please also visit our FAQ section for more information.
Not a member? Read about the benefits and join our growing community.